Saturday, January 28, 2006

Prison Break!

No, this is not really about that annoying show. I actually engineered my own prson break of sorts last night. After getting dressed to attend a party at my friend's apartment, I unlocked the door only to find that my deadbolt was jammed into the wall. After 45 minutes of futile attempts to rig my door free, I left an emergency message with my management company. Eventually, my super came by and, through the use of a crowbar, pried my door from the wall, destroying both the lock and the wall socket that the lock latches onto. Fortunately, I have a second deadbolt, so I locked that before making my way to the party.

It was a rather interesting turn of events, and my mind raced to think of solutions. I even considered exiting via my fire escape, and then reentering the building in the hopes of fixing the lock from the outside of my apartment. Also, I tried calling my next door neighbor (whose number I had only because he wrote a note near the mailboxes offering to sell various items), but it turned out that he wasn't in town. Eventually, I thought about myself being incarcerated in the apartment all weekend. My cousin might be coming into town, how would she understand that I couldn't see her because I was locked INSIDE my apartment? Who does that, really?! I guess that makes me special.

What if I had created a blueprint of my building on my chest and conjured a way to escape the confines of my apartment? Well, then I'd have the makings of a phenomenal television show, the kind that can not only nab viewers but knock out the greatest comedy of all-time right off its network. It would be such a brilliant concept that it would arrest the development of other, "inferior" programs. I should be a television executive.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What the??? They crowbarred you out of your apartment??! You gotta move downtown quick!

January 28, 2006 9:32 AM  
Blogger F said...

at least it made for a good story. i was damning myself for never the leaving the apartment during the day. then, at least the management office would have been open to get my call. but, all was well when the super got my msg and saved the day. hopefully i'll get my new door lock today.

January 28, 2006 11:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home